FORUMS: list search recent posts

T2I HDMI Reduced Color Space Problem

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Dicus
T2I HDMI Reduced Color Space Problem
on Jun 19, 2011 at 4:26:34 am

First off, I am aware of the down converted resolution when recording. This is not that problem.

Before a month ago, we had been using two T2i's in conjunction with a 7" lilliput field monitor knock off. However, during a shoot a few weeks ago we used an Acer 22" HDMI monitor.

Ever since then, when we plug our cameras into the smaller monitor we get a reduced color spaced image, creating rainbow artifacts etc. We also get this identical effect when we plug the cameras into a Manhattan LCD.

Now, when we go to plug the cameras back into the Acer, or other large screen HDMI devices, we have no artifacts.

For the life of me I can't figure it out. I've tried resetting the camera with no luck. I've searched High and low on the Internet using the keywords (posterized, solarized, degraded, pixelated, rainbow, artifact, crappy hdmi etc...) with not a single mention of this problem.

Can it be a regional bug that I've encountered? Regional, meaning, a bug related to content control as specified in the HDMI protocol?

If anybody has a clue about this problem please forward.

thanks

Glenn Dicus

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]