FORUMS: list search recent posts

XLH1 to Sony DVCAM dub woes

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Schmitz
XLH1 to Sony DVCAM dub woes
on Jun 16, 2011 at 12:38:09 am

I have a recording on MiniDV that was unfortunately recorded in the LP mode (NTSC, SD, 60i) using a Canon XLH1a (no SDI port). I have borrowed the camera used to make the recording and was planing to make a digital copy to DVCam using a Sony DSR-1800 deck connecting the Sony and the Canon using the IEEE 1394 port. There are, however, problems with the color as monitored from the Sony deck when connected via 1394, the color flashes rapidly between what seem to be primary colors (perhaps blue and red). It does not matter if I'm playing back the tape or not. If I put up the color bars on the Canon XLH1 I still get the pulsating color when I monitor off of the Sony. I searched high and low but only found one mention of somebody who may have had a similar problem, so I'm hoping it's something I'm doing wrong rather than there being a problem with the gear.

BTW: Both the Sony and the Canon seem to work fine if I try to capture using FCP. I have tried 2 different DSR-1800 decks and several different Firewire cables to no avail.

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]