FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon Xl2 Audio Noise - Any Solutions?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Messer
Canon Xl2 Audio Noise - Any Solutions?
on Jun 7, 2011 at 3:38:39 pm

I own a Canon XL2. I've recently tried recording audio for a pod-cast and found I was receiving quite a bit of mic noise.

It seems that the issue is coming not from the mic, but internally. I say this because I've tried using both the front mounted shotgun mic as well as an Audio-Technica Pro 70 Lav mic connected to the back of the camera via XLR cable.

I've spent time adjusting the gain settings as well as fine tunning the other presets, but to no avail.

Also, what leads me to believe it's an internal issue is that when I disconnected both mics, I still hear the noise in the headphones.

I've seen his issue discussed on other forums by different Canon users, but no definitive answer seems to have arisen.

Is this something internal that needs to be fixed or is this a common issue with the Canon XL2? If so, I'll need to invest in an external recorder.

Return to posts index

Chris Cottrell
Re: Canon Xl2 Audio Noise - Any Solutions?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 5:12:47 pm

What type of noise is it you are hearing? It could be anything from the deck to the lens itself or just might be loose ground. Since there is no internal Mic on these units, thats my 2 cents (without seeing it myself that is)

http://www.tekmg.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]