FORUMS: list search recent posts

Identify XH-A1s Blue Recording Distortion?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Enrico Lappano
Identify XH-A1s Blue Recording Distortion?
on May 9, 2011 at 3:11:25 am

Can anyone can identify the recording problem going on with my Canon XH-A1s camera by looking at this frame grab I took? Once in a while, a blue spot appears near the bottom right hand corner of the image (visible while I'm recording). It is a little difficult to see here - click on image to enlarge. I can't figure out what the problem could be.

The blue spot often goes away when I turn off the camera and restart it. Since it only happens at random, I'm concerned that if I take it back to Canon to check, the problem may not appear at the time they test it. Has anyone seen seen this issue before, know what it could be or how serious it is?

I would very much appreciate your feedback.

Return to posts index

Enrico Lappano
Re: Identify XH-A1s Blue Recording Distortion?
on May 16, 2011 at 8:14:58 pm

Here is a clearer example of the blue distortion that is sometimes being recorded onto the Canon XH-A1s. Does anyone have an idea of what this could be? As I said earlier, the blue spot goes away usually by shutting off the camera and starting it again. It's a good thing I can see it on the monitor when recording whenever it happens, but still a nuisance. Not sure how serious this is, or if it will get worse in time. Any feedback to try and resolve this mystery is most appreciated!

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on May 16, 2011 at 10:24:50 pm

Yikes....hmmm.... I think you've got a Canon service call in your future (or some other reputable repair person).

I have no idea what that is, unless it is one of the sensors going bad. At any rate, I don't think there will be a do-it-yourself fix for that.

I wouldn't worry too much about the randomness leading to a repair tech not being able to replicate the problem. If it's happening frequently enough to cause a problem when shooting, I'm sure it can be made to show up during testing as well.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Enrico Lappano
on May 17, 2011 at 3:06:19 pm

Thank you Todd for your feedback. What is strange is it happens very rarely, but as you can see, it's very obvious, even on the small Canon monitor screen.

I will take it in for repair. Ya, I have no idea what it is. I hope it's not serious, or will take a long time in the shop. Any further suggestions, experience are always very welcome.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]