FORUMS: list search recent posts

dof adapter zooming

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blade Cleveland
dof adapter zooming
on Apr 12, 2011 at 5:42:05 pm

i have a 35mm dof adapter for my canon XL1 it works great i just lost the use of my zoom before i could zoom from far distance now not far at all you can't see picture if i zoom to far how can i fix problem because i need the close up shots and its to dangerous to get close to the objects that im filming.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: dof adapter zooming
on Apr 12, 2011 at 5:51:25 pm

I'm a little fuzzy on a couple of things... you have a DoF adapter that you are using with your XL1. Are you using an adapter that attaches directly to the camera body (so that you remove the zoom lens, such as a P+S Technik Mini35 or a couple of others)? Or are you using a front-of-lens adapter that you just attach to the front of the zoom lens?

It almost sounds like you using a front-of-lens adapter and trying to zoom with the camera's native zoom lens. That's not the way those are meant to work... if the camera's native lens is still in place, only use the zoom function to get the proper full-view of the full frame and leave it alone. Zooming, if any, must/should be done with a 35mm format zoom lens that you attach to the front of the DoF converter... not with the camera's native lens.

If I've guessed at what you are trying to do incorrectly, give us some more details and we'll try to help.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Blade Cleveland
on Apr 12, 2011 at 6:27:46 pm

Yep it a front-of-lens adapter ,i will look for a 35mm format zoom lens

Return to posts index

Blade Cleveland
on Apr 14, 2011 at 6:38:26 pm

Could you give me suggesting on what type of lens that will work with my dof adapter

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Apr 14, 2011 at 7:20:08 pm

Probably... give us some more details though.

What kind (brand/model) of DoF adapter are you using?

What kind of lens mount does it have? (...meaning the mount for the 35mm-format lens in front... PL mount? Canon mount? Nikon mount? Other?)

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Blade Cleveland
on Apr 15, 2011 at 6:11:10 pm

It’s a CAM SPX static adopter 5 Micron Screen Condenser DHG Achromat with a canon EF (EOS) mount

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]