FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canobn GL2 Bad Tape?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Dante
Canobn GL2 Bad Tape?
on Apr 1, 2011 at 6:15:34 pm

During a 3 day shoot 2 months or so ago I ended up with one tape that had a single image across the entire 60min MiniDV tape... It was the third tape out of 13, the others having worked fine. I thought maybe I had just got a hold of a "bad tape" (does that thing even exist anymore?)

Well I am digitizing tape from another shoot last week and i just hit a tape that has the same problem. "single image" and then a pixalated smear...Is this the end result of an amateurish mistake? Is my GL2 humped?

any feedback is greatly appreciated!

md

Return to posts index

Mark Dante
Re: Canobn GL2 Bad Tape?
on Apr 2, 2011 at 8:11:12 pm

Canon... oops!

Return to posts index

Mark Dante
on Apr 4, 2011 at 12:37:40 pm

I have come across yet another screwed up tape. The third tape of a three tape shoot. "single frame" across the entire tape....?

Of course the client (semi permanent contract employer) "has no time" for tech checks of any kind, so the second the stop button is hit he is out of the damn room without a goodbye.
The client is a drag. The recurring camera problem is a giant bummer.

Return to posts index

Will Granzier
on Apr 6, 2011 at 5:00:43 pm

Hi Mark...

Hate to say but it's a GL2 head issue. I had a GL 1 and had same issues. You find the problem occurs when using tapes that contain loons of oxide on the tape surface. I can recommend sending your unit for a service and a deep head clean. Try using the panasonic PQ tapes. They give off the least amount oxide.

But sadly yess it's a GL 2 issue

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]