FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Canon XA10 replace XH-A1s and does it embed date/time stamp?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Scott
New Canon XA10 replace XH-A1s and does it embed date/time stamp?
on Mar 20, 2011 at 6:37:17 am

Anyone know if the XA10 is supposed to replace the XH-A1s. Amazon seems to think so anyway.
On the XH-A1s amazon page it says newer model XA10 is available? Guess it doesnt really matter. What i am really curious about is whether it with display time and date onto recorded footage permanently. I need this camera for forensic and legal work and time and date stamp is a deal breaker. The manual of the XH-A1s seems to state that it stamps the time and date. Anyone confirm this? I read the manual for the XA10. It didn't state that it had this feature but it didnt deny it either. I assume it doesnt which sucks. Anyone think they will include this or that a more advanced professional feature for the 3000-4000 dollar range?

If it doesnt im stuck between the xh-a1s and the xf-100. Which is better in low light? which has fewer problems? Any other recommendations? Canon or non canon? Ive been peeping the panasonic af 100. im 90 percent sure it does time date stamp and it has good low light. Its about 2000 dollars more than i wanted to spend but if its worth the wait to save up??

Sorry.. long posts are sorta my thing. Thanks for listening. Appreciate the feedback.

Return to posts index

john smith
Re: New Canon XA10 replace XH-A1s and does it embed date/time stamp?
on Aug 29, 2011 at 11:52:00 pm

The XA10 stores date/time stamp as metadata in the file. It will not allow it to display on the exported video. A product like DVMP will burn it to the video output, but I haven't had much luck with that yet. Hoping a firmware update will resolve this issue. Holding my breath.

Return to posts index

danny leo
on Dec 11, 2011 at 12:30:08 am

XA10 Instruction Manual - Page 110

"Adding Decorations Adding Decorations Using the decoration function, you can add various graphical elements to the picture, such as stamps, watermarks, the date/time, and even your own freehand drawings. Freehand drawings can help emphasize a portion of the picture to attract viewers' attention. The supplied stylus pen will be especially useful for adding decorations. You can decorate scenes as they are being recorded, during playback or just before converting them to standard definition. 110 Decorating Scenes while ... "

Return to posts index

David Langer
on Dec 21, 2011 at 2:26:35 pm

I have the same requirements.. did you settle on a camera? I was looking at the XA10 but wondered if the HF G10 could be used (a lot cheaper w/ apparently good low light) with Sony Vegas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]