FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera suggestions

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Watts
Camera suggestions
on Mar 15, 2011 at 7:04:01 pm

We have four JVC 250U cameras. Three with studio configuration, and one field camera. We do location shooting overseas and the large camera draws too much attention. I'd like some recommendations of HD cameras that are compact yet still shoot professional footage to avoid drawing too much attention.

We need a 20x lens, decent low light acquisition and recording on memory cards.

????

Thanks

Larry

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: Camera suggestions
on Mar 16, 2011 at 10:36:46 pm

If you like DSLR try the Canon5D Mark II, plenty of lens , but, no automatic motor zoom. used them for over 2 years, stunning 1920 x 1080p video and stills, ISO range is very wide ?

Have a look at this http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2008/10/10/without-further-ado-reverie/

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Larry Watts
on Apr 4, 2011 at 5:00:10 pm

Thanks Bob,

I personally own a 5D mkII, and would use it except for two things. The boss insists on certain zoom shots
which are hard without a servo type zoom lens. We will be sending a video camera operator who was will be directed by the boss who wants those type of shots so I have a culture to change.

I've looked at the Panasonic AG-AF100 which is my favorite so far, the Sony nexcams are just coming out, but perhaps not in time, and the new Canon 100,105,and 300 show promise. but use small chips so controlling depth of field is harder.

I really want a camera with interchangeable lenses so we can accumulate some great glass and keep it as bodies come and go.

What other cameras would you recommend?

Larry

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Apr 5, 2011 at 3:47:27 am

Yes,

Well you could do it (ZOOM) manually but only on a tripod with the 5D Mark II, plenty of lens availability, but, your camera person would have to know what he is about.

Other wise the new Sony 35 mm Pro Hi Def camcorder at $15000 ?

Freelance Imaging & Video
bobdix2002@yahoo.com.au
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Louise Dix
on Apr 5, 2011 at 3:52:43 am

Change of e-mail address.

Creative Craft Designs
Australia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>