FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XH A-1 skips, loses frames

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Hurley
Canon XH A-1 skips, loses frames
on Feb 22, 2011 at 6:06:13 pm

I got my XH-A1 about six months ago, and it's been pretty amazing. However, I've been running into a pretty big issue with skipping video. It's not a problem with import, because I've re-imported the sections with skipping video and it skips at the same point no matter how it's imported. So there's something wrong with how it's recording. I'm recording in HDV, and this problem has cropped up in 60i as well as 24p and 30p, the issue still persists. Any ideas oh knowledgeable creative cow people? (Thanks for your help in advance!)

Return to posts index

Will Granzier
Re: Canon XH A-1 skips, loses frames
on Apr 6, 2011 at 4:50:06 pm

Hi Matt

I can recommend relooking at your tape brand you are using. Try shooting HDV on a really good quality tape like a Maxell master series and you are sure to get rid of the problem. Due to the compression of HDV it can be a problem. I had a similar issue and swapped tape brands..... Problem sorted

Return to posts index

Matt Hurley
Re: Canon XH A-1 skips, loses frames
on Apr 6, 2011 at 4:58:17 pm

Hey Will, thanks for the response!

I was using high quality Sony HDV tapes which got rid of the problem for a bit, but it came back. I actually ended up having to send it to Canon Service to get it checked out, and had to replace the entire tape head. It's a pretty new camcorder, so it's unfortunate that this would happen. At least I've got my camera back!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]