FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon HV20 capture problems

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Heie
Canon HV20 capture problems
on Feb 16, 2011 at 10:23:49 am

I have captured my clips from my Canon HV 20 (mini DV tapes) onto Final Cut Express and when I playback the clips there is a moving horizontal line which ascends from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen. It happens every five seconds or thereabouts and lasts for about half a second. It is not actually a visible line, but rather a rising horizontal division which appears where the lower part of the clip is out of sync with the upper part of the clip. I don't see the same phenomena when I play back clips on the camera, though the screen is so small, I'm not sure that I would detect it.

Do you have any ideas what might be causing this problem? If so, any suggested remedies?

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: Canon HV20 capture problems
on Feb 16, 2011 at 10:00:39 pm

Don't use Final Cut Express my son uses iMovie for all his professional work, not even Final Cut Pro. We have been using the Canon HV20 & ( 2 Canon EOS 5 D Mark II's at 1920x 1080p HD)for 3 years as a video camcorder as well as a VTR to archive to Pro tape using Sony Digital Master PHDVM-62DM as there were evidence of microsecond drop outs using consumer tape. We have never had the problem you describe, but, we also use Adobe Premiere Pro and there is nothing sinister there.

good luck

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Matt Stoddart
Re: Canon HV20 capture problems
on Feb 16, 2011 at 11:12:08 pm

I vaguely remember alot of capture problems with earlier versions of FCP and HV20 until version 6. The Canon HV20 and HV30 I've used with Premiere faultlessly for acouple of years now, great little cameras/vtrs.
It might be worth reposting your question in the FCP forums.
Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]