FORUMS: list search recent posts

Files lost on CF Card after camera freeze!

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Joseph Falossi II
Files lost on CF Card after camera freeze!
on Jan 15, 2011 at 2:07:16 am

Hi DSLR Filmmakers,

Big problemo. After recording some interviews in a very protected, indoor environment, my 7D froze after hitting standby after one of the takes. The display menu on the top of the camera said "busy" but was totally inactive, and remained in this state even after turning off the camera and removing the CF Card. We eventually took out the battery, and re-started the camera, but alas no video clips could be found on the camera.

We put the card in our card reader and I attached a screenshot of what the contents of the card looks like. There is 7 GB of footage floating around somewhere on this card. Has this happened to any of you guys? Is this a sign that we should send our 7D in for

Can you guys give me any recommendations on video file recovery programs for CF cards? So far we have used First Aid Disk Recovery and Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery with no luck. We didn't actually DELETE any of the video files so not sure what recovery programs would work... Our files may be in a "corrupted" state and not just "deleted."

Any help appreciated! Thank you!
David

Return to posts index

Mark Dante
Re: Files lost on CF Card after camera freeze!
on Apr 4, 2011 at 12:31:34 pm

Shot 3 short interviews last week. Had the same issue. Camera froze up completely. Had to "hard boot" the dog. Back at the shop, last interview not there...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]