FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XF305 - XF Utility problems

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barney Batchelor
Canon XF305 - XF Utility problems
on Jan 3, 2011 at 10:11:39 am

Hi,

Using XF305 camera with XF Utility on a TV shoot. We use the program (Canon XF Utility) with Mac and Windows with the new 1.1 update, which allows us to watch virtual media and backed up footage with ease. The software SETS VIRTUAL MEDIA absolutely fine on all systems and OS's but not on ONE Windows 7 Dell Inspiron laptop. We cannot set the selected folder as virtual media when the exact same method and folder(s) works on XF utility on our other computers (it is on an external hard drive but we have tried various external hard drives with various different folders which seemingly work on other laptops/imacs with the exact same software). Any answers or suggestions?

The root directory is all correct and it simply will not set virtual media on any of the selected CF folders on this one laptop - the laptop for viewing rushes. We have worked with this system for 3 months now on a long series shoot and now it will not work - this is the first time we have tried this laptop with the new update though. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the software update and the software all together from scratch. It just won't let us select OK on this laptop when selecting the CF folder. If anybody has any ideas for where we can go to next it'd be hugely appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Barney

Return to posts index

Barney Batchelor
Re: Canon XF305 - XF Utility problems
on Jan 4, 2011 at 1:18:23 pm

Bump/Update - Have been emailing Canon and they seem as perplexed as I do. We have however established that it will allow us to set virtual media as it should on a folder on the C drive...I copied one of the CF folders onto the C drive and it worked, although via USB this is unviable with over 5TB of footage.

Let me know if anybody has any suggestions at all...

Cheers,

Barney

Return to posts index

richard emerson
Re: Canon XF305 - XF Utility problems
on Jul 4, 2011 at 10:12:12 pm

I hope you solved the problem you posted!!!

I wish to ask you a question about Canon XF Utility, i HOPE YOU DON'T MIND?
We didn't use it on our last shoots and copied over everything from CF cards to external drives so as to be able to re-use the CF cards as we film literally 100's of Horses and their riders..

So I have a couple of External Drives with the entire cards copied to but am having trouble to get FCP to Log and Transfer the MXF Files..
I think this is because we didn't use said XF Utility!!

My question is, next time we shoot we have 8 cameras each 1 captures the Horse/Rider at a particular stage on a course. We need to copy the entire Cards and also need to know if through XF Utility we can Name and NO. the clips so when we do a search for example, all the footage to that particular Horses no. shows up so we can Log it into Final Cut for editing.
When we were on Mini DV we would capture by finding each horse and it's no. and position/Camera by the notes and time codes, this was lengthy but worked and we hoped the new system would be better a) because it's for Broadcast b) so that the Files with the particular Horse/Rider no. would be able to be quickly found and then passed out to all the different editors...

Any Info to XF Utility and how I back up the cards would be great and if you know about the renumbering of the files, and also if all the footage we shot without the use of Disk Utility is going to be usable..?
Many Thanks In Advance for your help..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]