FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon PAL XHA1/ HV10 compatibility- Rush Job

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Erlinder
Canon PAL XHA1/ HV10 compatibility- Rush Job
on Dec 23, 2010 at 10:32:22 pm

To all the folks dealing with PAL and Canon.

Here in the US Canon PAL cameras are rare since Canon allowed PAL playback as only an option. I have a very important documentary where most of the footage is from a PAL XH A1- which is in Asia- and since there are no decks (what's with THAT Canon?), I found a Canon PAL HV10 for around $700 to possibly use as a way to capture the tapes. Are the camera's recorded signal compatible for playback? I need to get these tapes captured ASAP.

Thanks for any help all you great folks could give me. I'd hate to drop $700 for bupkiss....

Scott

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: Canon PAL XHA1/ HV10 compatibility- Rush Job
on Jan 7, 2011 at 3:46:48 am

Canon's HV20 manual says " tapes recorded on A XHA-1 can be played on a HV20 which is similar to the HV10, both are 1440 x 1080P. This is in PAL Australia.Ie., (both, 50i and 25F or (P) mode)
Video shot with the HDV (PF25) standard will be recorded on the tape as 50 interlaced.

In Premiere Pro the speed of the tape is shown as 25fps. The resultant video from a Canon 5D mark II H.264mov from 1920 x 1080 p to 1440 x 1080i Anamorphic is quite stunning for Export to Pro Tape and on to Blu-Ray.

Good luck

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]