FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing T2i(mov) files on a pc using Mpeg Streamclip

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendon Reimer
Editing T2i(mov) files on a pc using Mpeg Streamclip
on Dec 10, 2010 at 5:41:46 pm

I just finished filming about 100 video clips off a Canon T2i. Up until now I've used a Panasonic DVC30 files from mini dv tapes, and now using the mov files from the t2i has caused me a lot of pain. At first I tried editing the mov files straight up on Adobe Premiere, which ended up lagging like tar. I figured my best bet would be trans-coding the files with MPEG streamclip. Someone suggested trans-coding them into QuickTime with the AVID DNxHD codec, which didn't really do anything. After that I tried exporting them to avi (using the Applephoto - jpeg default codec and uncompressed sound). At first I thought this was going to work but half the files randomly appear to say (unsupported or damaged) when I try to import them into premiere, they're still pretty slow, and premiere will crash just about every other minute that I'm editing.

I only have half the shots I need, and I have to finish this decently sized video by tuesday/wednesday tops. I need the best way to transcode these mov files to something I can smoothly work with and not worry about, and hopefully not kill in quality. I desperately need help, anything you got would save the day.

specs
Windows Vista 32 bit.
AMD Athlon(tm) 64x2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.60 GHz
3 gig ram

Return to posts index

Michael Locke
Re: Editing T2i(mov) files on a pc using Mpeg Streamclip
on Dec 11, 2010 at 6:45:53 am

Hi Brendon; really Cineform NeoScene is the best choice. I'm not seeing anything free for Premier(CS5?) that's Canon DSLR applicable. It's supposed to edit natively, but I think you'll need a 64bit OS to take advantage of the Mercury engine(CS5 right?). Adobe needs there own Pro Res level codec, but now we're wishing. Good luck...ML

Return to posts index

Brendon Reimer
Re: Editing T2i(mov) files on a pc using Mpeg Streamclip
on Dec 12, 2010 at 4:40:44 am

I up ended transcoding with adobe media encoder going mpeg2 and its smooth as a goose. But thanks a bunch for your tips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]