FORUMS: list search recent posts

HV10 won't capture properly in FCP

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marni Page
HV10 won't capture properly in FCP
on Dec 10, 2010 at 3:51:45 am

Hello. I shot some HDV footage on the HV10 and have had a terrible time trying to capture in FCP. I keep getting numerous separate clips from a single tape, all separated by gaps in timecode, despite the fact that the timecode is continuous on the tape. I've tried both the Firewire and Firewire Basic protocols in the set-up. Neither of them work. Also, if I rewind and try again, the gaps still occur, just in different places!!! Finally, I did clean the heads on the camera to no avail. Please let me know if anyone has any advice for me.

2 x 2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
8 GB Ram

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: HV10 won't capture properly in FCP
on Dec 12, 2010 at 2:45:34 am

Do not use timecode, has caused problem with a HV20 on PC and Premiere Pro, go to Scene detect if you have one, son uses iMovie in Mac , it does it nearly automatically.And does not use FCP ?

Good luck

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Marni Page
on Dec 12, 2010 at 4:57:30 am

Thanks, Bob. I did a little test in iMovie, and here's what I found. It doesn't capture HDV natively, but upreses it to 1920x1080 with Apple's AIC codec. It's not the perfect solution, but it does create quicktime movies that I should be able to import into my FCP project. I'll just have to render it out in HDV ProRes and hope nobody notices a difference between that and the other footage.

What I'd love to find out is if there is any way to capture HDV wild/no timecode within FCP.

Anyhow, thanks for the clever workaround. I really appreciate it!

Cheers.

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Dec 12, 2010 at 8:20:40 am

We have been natively using Premiere Pro for Cineform avi 1920 x 1080i and I think you would be flat out seeing the difference between the 1440 x 1080i avi made anamorphic ie., to 1920 x 1080i in and out of that marvellous camera, it is similar to the HV20.

We use the HV20a s a VTR for 1920 x 1080p H.264 mov out of a Canon 5D Mark II and tranfer to A Sony 46 " HD TV via HDMI .

All the best.

Ps. "What I'd love to find out is if there is any way to capture HDV wild/no timecode within FCP"

Can't help you with that one, but, my son who is big time web etc . now only uses iMovie in his MAC set up See :http://www.stevendix.com

The clips out of Korea and Hong Kong were shot on a Canon 5D mark II and edited in iMovie, not bad for iMovie. A Canon IS Fish-Eye lens was used + other >
Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]