FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does 5D + Magic lantern + Juicedlink pre-amp = audio capture success?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Cicon
Does 5D + Magic lantern + Juicedlink pre-amp = audio capture success?
on Dec 1, 2010 at 8:34:41 pm

Hi Everyone,
With my H4N I get great sound. But Plural eyes really only helps once you've identified the parallel/corresponding video track. There remains the very time consuming task of identifying and pairing all of the audio/video tracks. I would love to go return to the spoiled luxury of video production where everything is imported together. In an attempt to simplify the editing process of syncing sound to video I am considering doing the following.

Connecting my mics to the Juicedlink pre-amp, then directly into my 5D after installing the newest 2.0.8 Magic Lantern update. As many of you know, the magic lantern update claims to remove the noisy background caused by the Canon implemented AGC. In combination with disabling the AGC, and the much touted noise reduction native to the juicedlink pre-amp, would we agree this would be an adequate way to capture high quality sound without negligible reduction of nuance from the input signal?

On set, I would still send a signal to my H4N as a back-up, but I would so dearly love to pass the tedium of separate mediums. (sorry for the rhyme).

I will also post this question on the appropriate Audio/DSLR forums to cover my bases.

Respectfully, and thankfully.
Jared Cicon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]