FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D shooting with Canon XF305

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Binn
3D shooting with Canon XF305
on Nov 27, 2010 at 12:38:17 pm

Hi,

I want to shoot 3D with two genlocked XF305. But how is it possible to start both cameras simultaneously ?

All the best
Charles

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
Re: 3D shooting with Canon XF305
on Nov 27, 2010 at 9:34:45 pm

Try using the cam's wireless controller, should trip both cams

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Nov 27, 2010 at 9:54:51 pm

That should work.

And keep in mind that you don't have to stop and start the cameras exactly frame-accurate simultaneously. Since you're using multiple cameras you will no doubt be slating your takes, you can simply use the slate marks to sync the takes back up in editing no matter if the cameras started and stopped at the same time.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Charles Binn
on Nov 28, 2010 at 4:14:45 pm

Thanks. IR remote could work.
But I want to do the shooting in very rough conditions in South Asia. IR remote control does not work safely in bright sunlight used in the back of the cameras. Is it possible to start the cameras with a remote control? I guess the remote start/stop/zoom control is not using a LANC protocol like the Sony cameras, or? So is it possible to trigger the cameras by using a simple cable?

Charles

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Nov 29, 2010 at 12:01:16 am

The Lanc port on the canons works the same way as the sony, I use the same controler on either, you would need two as you don't want to use a spliter. If you want a inexpensive controllers you can pick them up on ebay for $37
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-LANC-Remote-Zoom-Control-Controller-/200546607769?p...
I've seen the exact same controller for sale at a major photo/video retailer for $150, I bought a couple of them a while back when someone stepped on my varizooms while I was breaking down my equipment, they were a tad bit cheaper then.

Return to posts index

Charles Binn
on Nov 29, 2010 at 7:34:09 am

Brian, thanks for the info.
Did someone ever made a test with a cable splitter? I’ve been told LANC is a bi- directional protocol. The remote gives a command and is waiting for an acknowledgment from the camera. But with two cameras there will come two acknowledgments. Is this right?

Charles

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Nov 29, 2010 at 6:11:04 pm

Hi Charles:
Heres a link that might interest you prices look reasonable
http://www.pokescope.com/cameras/3d_camera_remote.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]