FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XL-H1 w/ a compact flash recorder Sony HVR-MRC1K

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Pascoe
Canon XL-H1 w/ a compact flash recorder Sony HVR-MRC1K
on Nov 23, 2010 at 3:23:08 pm

Hi Folks,

Have a Sony compact flash recorder HVR-MRC1K that I'm trying to use with my Canon XL-H1. The recorder works fine with my Canon XH-A1 and ofcourse other Sony cameras, but for some reason it doesn't like my Xl-H1.
The recorder seems to think it's connected to a computer when the firewire is connected to the camera and is in that mode. It will begin to record (make a new clip #) but will not roll (and no, it's not in interval recording mode). Tried every menu adjustment I can think of.

Has anyone seen this problem or have an idea?

Many thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
Re: Canon XL-H1 w/ a compact flash recorder Sony HVR-MRC1K
on Nov 23, 2010 at 9:25:06 pm

What format are you trying to record? Have you tried it with straight HDV 1080i?

Return to posts index

Dave Pascoe
on Nov 24, 2010 at 3:00:16 am

Hi Brian, I've tried HDV 1080i as well as 30f and 24f - the technical support person I spoke to at Sony said it should be able to read any of these. Strange...

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Nov 24, 2010 at 11:12:04 pm

Have you checked to see if the SDI Out is on in the camera menu?

Return to posts index

Dave Pascoe
on Nov 25, 2010 at 1:53:17 pm

Yes, I've tried it with both the SDI output turned on and off.

The strange thing is the firewire port works with other firestore drives as well as my edit suite. And the Sony recorder works with other cameras including my Canon XH-A1...it's got me really confused.

It seems there's something in the firewire stream on the XL-H1 that this recorder does not like and I don't seem to have any menu control over that.

Dave Pascoe
http://www.hdsequences.com
High-Definition Stock Video Sequences

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Nov 25, 2010 at 11:38:38 pm

Have you tried to capture with the H1 as a live cam via firewire to a computer? that will verify there is a signal present.

Return to posts index

Dave Pascoe
on Nov 26, 2010 at 12:39:43 am

Indeed I have - in fact, I tested it with a Focus Enhancements FS-H200 Pro and it works beautifully...this one has me stumped.

Thanks for all your ideas though - really appreciate it!

Dave Pascoe

Return to posts index

Anthony Negus
on Feb 8, 2011 at 9:41:41 am

Hi Dave,

Did you ever resolve this problem, because I am going to go exactly the same way with my Canon XLH1S, or to use the Nanoflash.

Regards,

Anthony
primefilmproductionseu.com

Return to posts index

Dave Pascoe
on Feb 8, 2011 at 6:09:06 pm

Hi Anthony -

Never did resolve the issue between the Canon XL-H1 and the Sony recorder. I ended up buying a Focus Enhancements FS-H200 (compact flash card recorder) and it works well with my XL-H1 as well as my XH-A1.

Good luck!

Dave

Dave Pascoe

Return to posts index

Anthony Negus
on Feb 9, 2011 at 9:45:06 am

Thanks for your response Dave, will check out your FS-H200

Anthony

Return to posts index

Cesar Sola
on Jan 25, 2012 at 7:45:06 am

hi any one I just thing to buy HVR-MRC1K HD but I will like know is this work with Canon XH-a1s please any can give me information thanks!
Cesar Sola.

Return to posts index

Andrew Johnson
on Mar 30, 2016 at 4:25:47 pm

So I know this thread is a couple years old but I just purchased a Canon XH-A1s and a FS-H200 DTE. BUT I am having trouble getting them to talk to each other in HDV. Was there any setting other then the DV selection switched ON under system set-up in the camera?? Or is there a setting I am missing in the DTE ( I have reset both to factory settings, or so I believe), tried it in Quick Time and M2T with 24f, 30f, and 60i.
The cam and DTE will talk fine in DV mode and records really good, but when I switch both to HDV it doesn't record. The cam notices it is plugged in when I connect the firewire but that is all.
Thanks for any help , Andy

PS I am cross posting this to a couple of threads on the fs-h200 if you see this post elsewhere given the age of the thread and the necessity to solve this problem before an event in April.

Return to posts index

Roger Van Duyn
on Mar 31, 2016 at 1:07:48 pm

Andrew,

I have a DataVideo DN-60 that saves to compact flash like your Firestore does. EACH AND EVERY TIME I change from DV to HDV, I need to reformat the individual card in the recorder for it to work. Otherwise, my DataVideo exhibits similar behavior to your Firestore. Maybe just reformatting the card will work for you.

Sorry for shouting with the all caps, but wanted to make sure you understood that both my units won't work at all with either my XH-A1 or my XH-A1S when I switch formats unless I use a reformatted card.

Hope this helps.

Roger

Return to posts index

Cesar Sola
on Aug 12, 2013 at 11:12:44 pm

So Any one by now benn try to use the compact flash recorder Sony in Camera Canon XL-1s?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]