FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 5D Mark 2 Footage Coming in A Little Dark...

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Joslin
Canon 5D Mark 2 Footage Coming in A Little Dark...
on Nov 17, 2010 at 7:41:38 pm

Hey everyone,
I'm a freelance editor who has been cutting a lot of 5D footage lately. Even before I decompress the H264 files to ProRes 422 (HQ) the footage appears to be much darker than it was in the monitor during the shoot. This is something that has happened with the last couple of shoots we've done. I haven't noticed this as much as the dp, but I can say that the footage does not completely match what we thought we had shot. The closest we get is our Apple monitors.

Has anyone else been having this problem? Any suggested solutions?

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

Tiago Ribeiro
Re: Canon 5D Mark 2 Footage Coming in A Little Dark...
on Nov 18, 2010 at 4:34:39 am

that's funny, i had that problem, but with a camera very much lower end than that one. is was with an sx20 is.
i filmed a concert, very dark and low key atmosphere. i remember some shots where i saw and focused something on the lcd, but then on my computer all i see is dark. it seemed as if during compression or saving, i had lost bright (and detail of things working around in the dark)
but i just thought "oh well, this is a consumer level camera, so of course you're going to loose something". now if you say that also happens with 5D, then i surely point my eyes against canon =)
in my case all i could do was try to work it out in post.
but again, i was working with a lower end camera, so i can't expect things to bee all that nice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]