FORUMS: list search recent posts

Footage from EOS 5D Mark II

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Costas Damianou
Footage from EOS 5D Mark II
on Nov 13, 2010 at 5:10:59 pm

Hiya Guys

A couple of days ago i spent the whole day filming with an EOS 5D Mark II. Before purchasing neoscene to convert the Mov files to Avi i downloaded the trial version to test it out. On conversion the files play ok, but when i import the files into Premier Pro CS4 the audio is distorted (hissing). I contacted Neoscene and they said that the CS5 and CS4 importers are different so they created another build and sent me. Their help so far has been good. However their new build still doesn’t convert the files for CS4. I have a big problem. What should of been a simple task has now delayed this project.

Can anyone recommend a good program that can convert the Mov files into Avi and do a good job?

Your help is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: Footage from EOS 5D Mark II
on Nov 15, 2010 at 5:11:55 am

If you have Premiere Elements 4 or above , it will convert H.264MOV files to Microsoft avi Uncompressed and or Cineform Intermediate . The file or timeline can be Exported to Movie and then Imported into Premiere Pro 1.5.1, 2.0 or above. We have been using this convoluted method since using the Canon 5D mark II some 15 months ago , and it works perfectly. Adobe products seem to talk to each other better than generic converters ?
We have done 100's Export to Tape via HDMI to a Sony Bravia Full HD TV 1920 x 1080 i, and DVD and Blu-ray, H264 or mpeg -2 this way equivalent to broadcast PAL quality. CS5 PP should do this in one step if used with a QuadCore 64 bit i7 system and a Nvidia Quadro Fx 3800

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Nov 15, 2010 at 10:53:19 pm

CS4 just does not cut it with H.264 clips and needs a 64 bit application such as CS5, it will work with the 32 bit software but, under 4GB at a time ?

AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Costas Damianou
on Nov 17, 2010 at 9:14:06 am

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions above. I thought i update you regarding Cineform. What can I say. They have been very very helpfull. They sent me another build and decided to load it onto another pc for testing. This worked fine. The conversions are FANTASTIC. If anyone whants to see a before and after conversion, please dont hesitate to send me a private message. It seems that the pc I installed Neoscene originally still had some leftovers from the previous version so the new build wasnt working as it should. Neoscene support gave me all the references of were too look to fully delete any leftovers and re install the new build.

Thumbs up to Neoscene and Cineform support.

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Dec 13, 2010 at 6:18:25 am

It is good to know, something works.

Regards.................

AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]