FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon File size

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Wine
Canon File size
on Nov 9, 2010 at 3:28:12 pm

I own a Sony NXCAM. This 24mb rate is not suitable for 1080p full screen on a 50 inch screen. The picture is sharp but still shows grain with proper lighting.

Im looking into a Aja Ki Pro Mini Compact Field Recorder that should allow me to record full resolution using apple prores 4.2.2 10 bit media using the hd/sdi output. Will this actually make the picture look better than what I get now on my 24mb flash drive. I know the difference of mb says it will, but I want to confirm if anyone has tried this.

Also I'm looking into a Canon t2i - but i can't find the mb rate per second. Anyone know this information?

After researching the MB rate, this obviously makes a huge difference in quality of picture. Just which I could see some examples on a large 50 inch screen!

Return to posts index

Michael Locke
Re: Canon File size
on Nov 9, 2010 at 9:14:25 pm

Hi Travis, my T2i shoots @12min (in 1080p) till the dreaded 4G file limit. Rough math puts that at 5.55Mb/s (555mb/s), and others have found the same rates (thus the class 6 card recommendations ).
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/280/1757 Hope this helps...ML

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Nov 10, 2010 at 7:49:39 pm

Travis, just for the record... grain/noise is usually related to something other than data rate. Have you made absolutely sure gain or auto gain isn't active? What does the camera's output look like directly connected to your monitor?

Return to posts index

Travis Wine
on Nov 10, 2010 at 8:21:08 pm

Yes - my gain is sat at 0db. I guess i really need to blast more light then. I can't think what eles would cause this accept a 24mb avchd rate.

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Nov 16, 2010 at 5:35:04 am

I agree with William, we video with a Canon 5D Mark II as well as a Canon HV20 , even a Panasonic 3CCD tape unit and the video via HDMI and Tape & blu-ray @ H.264 and mpeg-2 cannot be faulted , equivalent to broadcast quality 1080i or 720P on a Sony bravia 46" Full HD TV. All this in excess of 25 MBps, the 5D is at 38.5 Mbps but, reduced to Tape at 25 MBps

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]