FORUMS: list search recent posts

60D and manhatten 89b LCD aspect when recording

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nic beery
60D and manhatten 89b LCD aspect when recording
on Nov 8, 2010 at 12:39:28 am

Hi,
I am using my canon 60D with a Manhattan LCD monitor 89B. The issue is when I am in preview (before I hit the record button), the momitor aspect ratio looks fine. Then when I hit record the monitor stretches the image to look sorta like cinemascope, with everything fat. then when i playback, the image is fine, filling the screen.

I can't seem to find the setting in the 60D to fix this. I plugged my LCD monitor into a nikon d7000 and its recording image aspect ratio is fine. So, I have to assume it is coming from the camera, not a setting in the monitor.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Michael Locke
Re: 60D and manhatten 89b LCD aspect when recording
on Nov 8, 2010 at 5:22:52 pm

Hey nic,

Not familiar with the monitor, but the 60d in video record mode drops HDMI output to 480p, which is SD and a 4:3 aspect ratio. The Nikon is stated at 720p output in video record, or HD and 16:9. If your monitor doesn't have an option for SD/480p format, it will always stretch that signal. I have a T2i (same 480p as 60D), so I haven't invested in a monitor with resolution over that yet (plus they cost as much/more than my camera). Hope this helps...ML

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]