FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does anyone have the mini35 compact for Canon XLH1s

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Galvan
Does anyone have the mini35 compact for Canon XLH1s
on Nov 3, 2010 at 9:17:22 pm

I am curious, does anyone here own this adapter system? I loved the original mini35 400 series, and am curious about this one made specifically to work with the Canon XL series cameras.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Does anyone have the mini35 compact for Canon XLH1s
on Nov 3, 2010 at 9:55:30 pm

I use my 400 series P+S Technik Mini35 (with XLH1) every day. I've never used the "compact" version, but I do remember talking with Barbara from ZGC (the U.S. distributor) about it a year or so ago.

It's basically the same unit as the regular version, except that it eliminates the prism block which re-orients the image. The upside being that the unit is now more light sensitive, and a bit cheaper than the five-figure (but worth every penny) 400 series Mini35. The downside being that you get an upside-down reversed image.

You either have to re-orient your image in post, or use it with a camera that can do the "flip" electronically.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Michael Galvan
on Nov 4, 2010 at 12:57:30 am

Hey Todd,

Yeah, I've used the 400 series quite a bit with my XL H1S. I'm particurlarly interested in the compact version because of the lighter weight, size, and the less light loss of course.

I currently have the Canon XL H1S w/Nanoflash (a combination that I love!). I would love to add the mini35 compact as well for future narrative projects.

Do you know of anyone here that owns it/has used it? Seems like a rarity...

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Nov 4, 2010 at 8:08:28 pm

http://www.pstechnik.de/en/digitalfilm-mini35-compact.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]