FORUMS: list search recent posts

canon 7d lines during playback

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alper Kasap
canon 7d lines during playback
on Nov 3, 2010 at 9:54:10 am

Hello,

I just purchased a canon7d and i was out in the backyard shooting some video..I was shooting on 25fps, 1920 x 1080 - I was holding by hand and walking around my subject at the same time so it was slightly bumpy and rocky...

When i transferred the footage to my pc, then into adobe premiere cs4 into a 25fps, 1080p project, i cut a few scenes out, done a minor color grade and export it back at as a mpeg2 blu ray file at 1080p/24fps..

when i watch it it looks great but at the times when the camera slightly moves around there is like a wavy horizontal line that appears across the footage... Like a static/distortion flickering lines.. ????

Does anyone know what this is... Are these because im shooting hand held and its very shaky or is this a setting issue ?

THanks

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: canon 7d lines during playback
on Nov 3, 2010 at 11:25:30 pm

I would not have gone back to 24fps which is 35mm movie speed and may slightly degrade image,not as sharp. It may have been caused by the lens you are using, maybe not image stabilised.If the video was ok in LCD it is not the camera, we use a Canon 5D mark II and in the early days of using this camera there was some pixel lag due to poor panning , it needs to be very smooth indeed hand held.

We have used this camera on extensive overseas work for 18 months and have not experienced this problem again. If you are editing in Premiere Pro with a below average video card there may be some issues there? We use a NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]