FORUMS: list search recent posts

5D Audio Questions

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Richard
5D Audio Questions
on Nov 1, 2010 at 10:06:13 am

What kind of Audio do you get on the 5D? I'm ready to buy but need everything to work with Schoepps cmit 48v mic, and don't want bad audio because of the recording device. What are your experiences? Does recording to a separate device a better option, the 5d does not have a 48v power supply, so I would have to put something in between, Denecke seems to be the best, but for you all using Beachtek, how does the box interfere with a matt box and rods?
Thanks,
CR

Return to posts index

Richard van den Boogaard
Re: 5D Audio Questions
on Nov 1, 2010 at 10:24:17 am

Since the latest firware update, the 5D is capable of recording 48 kHz sound, which is a broadcast standard.

However, I record separately on a Zoom H4N as I don't trust the audio recorder inside the 5D. But I believe others have had good experiences with a Beachtek directly connected to the 5D...

I find it comforting to know that you're recording double system, although it also requires you to adhere to a strict recording procedure (check sound -> check camera -> action -> check sound again).

Richard van den Boogaard
Freelance cameraman • Glidecam Operator • Editor • YouTube expert

Return to posts index

Craig Richard
on Nov 1, 2010 at 10:38:19 am

Thanks Richard, I'm from the film world, double system is no big deal, makes the post a little more work but good audio is very important.
CR.

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Nov 5, 2010 at 5:11:54 am

We have been using a RODE Stereo Video Mike Stereo X/Y condenser Microphone for 18 months, sound has been right from soft bird noises to jazz bands.Make sure it is inserted correctly into the body of the 5D Mark II as you will get the mono mike and any image stabilizer noise.

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]