FORUMS: list search recent posts

What Canon Vixia do you recommend other then the HFS100?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ana Maria Suarez
What Canon Vixia do you recommend other then the HFS100?
on Nov 1, 2010 at 2:57:32 am

I love the Canon Vixia FS100. I want to buy another, and wondered if I should look at a newer model of the Vixia line. But I hope to be very close to the same color match so I can use both cameras in post-production. It does not have to be this month brand new, but something newish that came out after the HFS100. These cameras look like a small family video-camera, and don't look impressive when you bring to a job, but they do a great job shooting footage in low light, and I feel are very sharp and good color. Of course I add a better mic to it.

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
Re: What Canon Vixia do you recommend other then the HFS100?
on Nov 1, 2010 at 10:34:18 am

[Ana Maria Suarez] "These cameras look like a small family video-camera"
Thats because thats what they are, consumer camcorders, what kind of a budget are you looking at? that will determine whether Consumer, Prosumer, or Pro.

Return to posts index

Ana Maria Suarez
on Nov 1, 2010 at 11:05:59 am

My clients only want mp4 output for youtube. So there would be no need for a pro-camera. I shot the HMC150 (defualt settings) side by side with a Canon Vixia HFS100, and the Vixia did a better job (defualt settings) with low light and sharpness. So I plan to buy another Vixia for a side camera.
Just wondering if anyone has played with this years models.

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Nov 3, 2010 at 12:29:46 am

The one comparable is the HF-S200, some small differences, has a Lanc port now so it can accept a lanc controler for zoom, start/stop, etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]