FORUMS: list search recent posts

Invalid Public Movie Atom.

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Birch
Invalid Public Movie Atom.
on Sep 24, 2010 at 7:47:30 pm

Just got this error message on 3 out of 6 files recorded on a SanDisk Exteme 16gb CF card on my 7D...
"The movie could not be opened. An invalid public movie atom was found in the movie." I've found some info about how this is a QuickTime issue, but I'm more concerned with what to do next. Anyway to salvage these files? Anyway to insure this won't happen again? Is this a CF card problem?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight you all might have.

Bruce

Return to posts index

Irma Luka
Re: Invalid Public Movie Atom.
on Oct 2, 2010 at 12:41:35 am

Bruce,

Did you ever manage to get the files to play?

I had this same problem but it does not appear to be limited to QT. Files do not play in camera, or VLC, or MPEG Streamclip, or Canon Image browser. I was recordeing on a 64gb sandisk extreme pro w/udma 6, 90 mb/s. The last 9 clips from an evening of recording do not play at all. I tried using sandisk rescue pro to recover data but had NO luck.

If you found a way to make the files useable, please post here!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Marcus Seeger
on Nov 10, 2010 at 5:47:35 am

Hmm, same - I have 2 clips with this issue - again both from 7d. Is there a work around? maybe not?

Couch Media
DSLR shooter MacPro 8 core 2.26, FCP 6.

Return to posts index

Bruce Birch
on Nov 10, 2010 at 6:16:02 pm

I have not been able to find additional information or workarounds. Simply need to check record more often for confidence. Have not had this problem again since...thankfully.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]