FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting Props with Canon 5D/7D/T2i for drama

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Pilarski
Shooting Props with Canon 5D/7D/T2i for drama
on Sep 23, 2010 at 5:44:28 pm

Hi. We are about to embark on a project where we want to shoot small and medium sized props on a designed backdrop. We want to make it look dramatic and cinematic. The plan so far is to bring in a 5D and 7D, and maybe I will bring in my own T2i.

I have used my T2i for a number of shoots so far, and like the performance. I haven't used it for the above mentioned use, and I was wondering...

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding lenses, ISO, aperture, etc. to achieve the most out of these cameras to get the dramatic and cinematic look?

Thanks in advance for any tips and/or suggestions!

Return to posts index

Michael Locke
Re: Shooting Props with Canon 5D/7D/T2i for drama
on Sep 25, 2010 at 8:25:53 pm

In direct response to your question, the magic of these cameras(to me) is the depth of focus (that fuzzy background, distant lights in bokeh). Low ISO is first choice (100 or multiples of 16 if possible),fast prime lenses (down to f1.4)from 16mm fisheye up to 85mm (depending on your space to shoot).The "...dramatic and cinematic..." part is really up to you and the lighting. You don't give a lot of details on the "project", "props" (like models?), or "shoots so far " (indies, commercials,etc.), so I don't have much more. No greenscreen suggested; and the 5d has the full sensor so if you need to exploit field of view, put your widest/longest lens on it. Good luck...ML

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]