FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro says "invalid directory structure"?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Johnson
Final Cut Pro says "invalid directory structure"?
on Sep 23, 2010 at 6:05:23 am

I shot a cooking show using two T2i's as my b-cams. I offloaded the cards as we went onto my computer. I pulled the entire folder into my computer from the card and backed it up in two different locations. In Final Cut Pro I am now able to go to "file" "import files" and pull the footage into my browser and then into my timeline. The footage appears to be in its native format and it's jerky. I would like it to be in Pro-Res as that's what my A-Cam footage will be and it makes more sense for four hours of footage over three high def cameras. When I try to import the footage from Log and Transfer (after selecting the EOS movie plug in) I get the message ""Camera B-1 Kitchen Shoot" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media." I think the simple answer here would be that the directory structure did not copy over completely from the card to my computer or has been somehow corrupted. On the other hand, the reason I didn't log and transfer the footage in the first place from off the camera is that I got a similar if not identical message. I just couldn't worry about it in the middle of a shoot so I copied the files as they were. What is the best way to move forward now? Are there any ways to troubleshoot the log and transfer process or can I convert them in compressor? Thanks. -Richard

Return to posts index

Adam Duplay
Re: Final Cut Pro says "invalid directory structure"?
on Sep 24, 2010 at 2:57:23 pm

You get that error message when you are one folder too deep in the directory structure. Try importing the DCIM folder to the log and transfer window rather than the folder inside that folder.

Shane Ross has a exhaustive tutorial about your situation on this site.

Adam Duplay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]