FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I get wireless receivers with mini outputs into my XL2 which has XLR inputs?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Adija
How do I get wireless receivers with mini outputs into my XL2 which has XLR inputs?
on Sep 18, 2010 at 12:11:26 am

Hi All. I'm using the Azden WM-Pro wireless transmitter/receiver. How do I get wireless receivers with mini outputs into my XL2 which has XLR inputs??

I bought a mini (female) to XLR(male) adapter but it doesn't seem to work. XLR ports are fine(works with a handheld mic) and the last time I used the Azden it was working fine,(lights are on,etc.)

Do I need a better wireless system? Any suggestions?

Pete

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
Re: How do I get wireless receivers with mini outputs into my XL2 which has XLR inputs?
on Sep 19, 2010 at 10:14:38 am

Its been a while since I've had my hands on a XL2, but can't you get mono mini-plug to RCA to use on the line inputs, also doesn't the on camera mic have a dual mono mini plug input that you can disconnect? and the controls are listed as front mic, but the inputs from the wireless maybe too hot

Return to posts index

Peter Adija
Re: How do I get wireless receivers with mini outputs into my XL2 which has XLR inputs?
on Sep 19, 2010 at 9:19:36 pm

Ok. I didn't want to use the RCA side but I will try it if it works. I should just need a mini to RCA adapter, right?

I didn't know I could plug in anything but the onboard mic in the front of the camera. It is a dual mini input. Is there an adapter for it? (single mini to that dual mini input? I'll look around and let you know. Thanks.)

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Sep 20, 2010 at 9:05:24 am

[Peter Adija] "It is a dual mini input. Is there an adapter for it?"
It is a stereo input, Like I said its been awhile since I used the cam but the plug looked like two mini monos one for each stereo chnl, I just don't remember if there is room enough to plug two small mono minis in, The RCA line inputs maybe a better way to go

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]