FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon xl h1 settings for studio

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Orlando Reese
Canon xl h1 settings for studio
on Sep 16, 2010 at 10:16:05 pm

So i'm going to use an XL h1 for the first time and wanted to get advice on some settings. It will be in a lit studio, the more mainstream look the better. I would also like to film this in HD.

Any advice for settings regarding the lighting, setting my HD settings, and some main things I want to look for to ensure a quality recording, i'd be more than grateful.

Beginner,
Orlando

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Canon xl h1 settings for studio
on Sep 16, 2010 at 10:29:33 pm

I can't give you any specific advice... other than to get in there and play with it.

The H1 is a FANTASTIC camera... but the default out-of-the box settings look like crap. Go into the menu and you'll find 23 (I think it's 23) different adjustable parameters that allow you to paint the camera to look exactly like you want. Set up a scene, light it well, and with a GOOD monitor one by one tweak each of these just a bit one way then the other until you find something you like... then move to the next one and do the same. Then you save it as one of the presets. Now you'll instantly be able to call up that preset and have a scene that looks exactly like you want. Some of these adjustable parameters will mean nothing to you, but you can consult the manual and it spells them all out for you (if they haven't updated the manual since they first came out, it's pages 82-84).

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]