FORUMS: list search recent posts

POST - Editing with ProRes 422 (proxy)

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alvaro Gago Diaz
POST - Editing with ProRes 422 (proxy)
on Sep 14, 2010 at 1:15:07 pm

Hi everyone!

I´m new on the forum, so I do apologize beforehand if this my question has already been discussed in any other thread.

I have just shot a film with the Canon 5D Mark II and now I´m doubting whether to convert the H264 files to ProRess 422 HQ or to edit off-line with the ProRess 422 (proxy) and spend more time with the exportation of the final piece.

The mayor difficulty that I´ve got transforming all files to ProRes 422 HQ if the hard-drive space. I´ve got a 1TB hard-drive and a 500G hard-drive that are not enough to storage all the footage. Also, I don´t know if my 4 years old MAC (2.4GHz Intel, 2GB 667MHz) will allow me to run the editing smoothly with the HQ files.
The proxy files are a lot lighter, but I don´t know anyone that have done the process of editing off-line and then re-link evething with 5D Files (I´m aware that this is a common practice shooting on the RED).

Therefore my question would be: Does anyone have experience editing off-line with 5D Files? If so, have you had any problems re-linking and exporting the final edit?

Thank you very much,
Alvaro.

The local as a source of communication, inspiration and understanding.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]