FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lenses for canon vixia HV30

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shyam Prasad Kumpati
Lenses for canon vixia HV30
on Aug 30, 2010 at 8:08:46 pm

Hello,

I am a novice to camcorders. I bought Canon Vixia HV30 HD camcorder. I am planning to shoot some short films and that involve shooting in rooms having less light and sometimes shooting in areas where there is too much of light. I am absolutely zero in lenses and filters.

- Are there any basic lenses that you recommend me to buy? If so, how they will help me enhance the footage?
- Are there any basic filters that you recommend me to buy?

I am very excited about 24p cinema mode in this camcorder. Any recommendations w.r.t lenses and filters would be helpful.

Thanks,
S

Shyam Prasad Kumpati

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
Re: Lenses for canon vixia HV30
on Aug 30, 2010 at 9:03:12 pm

If you are going to be shooting in rooms you might want to get a wide angle lens, X0.6 or X0.7, your filter dia is 43mm so you would need to get a lens to match that, canon sells a X0.7, there are other brands, if you get one too cheap you might have alot of distortion, another thing is most add-on lenses don't have filter threads and it not a good idea to stack filters and add-on lenses to the cam's lense. Tiffen and Hosa make inexpensive filters, a couple of Neutral Density, a UV lens for scratch protection, polorizing lens to reduce reflection
http://www.tiffen.com/filters.htm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]