FORUMS: list search recent posts

My computer does't recognize HV30

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marvin Chang
My computer does't recognize HV30
on Aug 29, 2010 at 9:21:32 am

My window 7 computer doesn't recognize my HV30 when I connect via USB cable. I changed USB cables, I changed to Apple computer, all didn't work. What happened, anyone could help me?

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
Re: My computer does't recognize HV30
on Aug 29, 2010 at 7:15:59 pm

If you are trying to connect to download video you need to use firewire or HDMI capture, USB is for images.

Return to posts index

Marvin Chang
on Aug 30, 2010 at 5:31:04 pm

Thank you very much for your respond.

I tried HDMI connect from HV30 to my laptop, but again, my laptop didn't recognized the HV30. Could you explain more detail on how to use HDMI connecting HV30 to computer? Thanks!

I didn't have firewire, I will buy one if MDMI didn't work.

Thanks a million.

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Aug 30, 2010 at 8:32:53 pm

Like I mentioned the HV30 only uses Firewire or HDMI for video transfer, most computers with HDMI ports are video out only ports, to capture via HDMI with a laptop you need a external device like a Matrox MX02mini(type 34 express card), a BlackMagic Design Intensity Pro Shuttle(USB3), or AJA io Express, these are not inexpensive solutions, the least expensive is firewire.

Return to posts index

Marvin Chang
on Aug 30, 2010 at 5:40:49 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to use HDMI connect HV30 to mu computer, but it didn't recognize HV30. I don't understand your term of "HDMI capture"? Can you explain more detail on how to connect HV30 to computer via HDMI cable. Thanks!

I don't have firewire, but if that's the only way, then I will buy one.

Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Sep 2, 2010 at 10:35:08 am

Use HDMI for transfer of HDV to Sony Bravia TV. Do not use HDMI to capture only Firewire IEEE 1394A card. We have been using it for 3 years, no problems. Black striping the tape for indexing may help. You should read instructions to set up in manual or ask Canon ?

You must save timeline at finish of transcode and type in project and click "SAVE" And wait, if you have set it to automatically to record. That happens after you have captured the video off the firewire.

Good luck............

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Sep 4, 2010 at 10:14:45 pm

[Marvin Chang] "I tried to use HDMI connect HV30 to mu computer, but it didn't recognize HV30."
Like I said before, HDMI port on most computers is video out only for use with a tv or video monitor, to capture you need a firewire port or external device with HDMI input.

Return to posts index

Jeff Surfrat Arganda
on Mar 26, 2012 at 6:24:51 pm

Make sure you use firewire cable and also in Camera setting go to menu and select camera menu, scroll down to rec/In setup, then go to HD standard and make sure you have either DV (wide) or DV (Normal) Selected, other wise your computer will not detect it. Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]