FORUMS: list search recent posts

problems Genlocking 3 XL H1 cameras....

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Stanfill
problems Genlocking 3 XL H1 cameras....
on Aug 26, 2010 at 8:18:17 am

I work for a non-profit tv station that just recently acquired two xlh1 cameras. We seem to have run into an obstacle i am hoping someone can shed some light on. This shouldn't be this problematic, but something is throwing a monkey wrench in all this, here is the basic premis/set up we are working on...

i must clarify that this basic system was in use prior with older Panasonic gear in a studio config. and worked fine. We are not shooting HD at this point. We are using the lowest common denominator of 4:3 SD...

Using a Horita generator, routing to a DA, all cable lengths were custom made and are of equal lengths, new, and tested for continuity all check out OK...

We are running through a Sony SEG-2550 switcher... again, all SD, 4:3
hooking up 1st xl all is good, locks up to genlock, hook up two jvc's, all lock up properly, then hook up 2nd xl and it goes weird... appears to not lock up. The camera will appear to be searching... you can watch it on the vectorscope slowly shift back and forth in and out of phase... never locking onto genlock... suggestions? Ideas? is this a factory repair issue or is there something in the menu's we are missing that will cause this?

Thanks for any help in advance...

Joe Stanfill
KHBA-TV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]