FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera Stutters on Playback XH-A1

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Knollmeyer
Camera Stutters on Playback XH-A1
on Aug 24, 2010 at 6:11:18 pm

Hello,

I've been working on a documentary with two of the XH-A1s without any problem for a while. Now, after importing/viewing over 25 hours of footage, one camera stutters on playback. Both were bought at the same time and used a similar amount. If anything, the camera with the issue has been used less. This stutter on playback occurs on the LCD of the camera itself and even when it is not connected to a computer. It occurs with the problem camera whether the tape was shot on it or it's healthy counterpart. What happens is that perhaps 30 seconds of footage play smoothly, then the playback stops for a full beat/second and continues to play until it does it again after another 30 sec/min.

Any ideas on cause or fix? I have cleaned it and blown some air across it since this problem began. I'm not sure it helped. The issue is still occurring with perhaps slightly less frequency.

Please let me know if there is a likely fix/diagnosis. I have heard that overcleaning is also an issue. Is there truth to this? I've only cleaned the head a couple of times with the dry style HDV head cleaner for 10 sec at a time. Should I just clean it for longer and see what happens?

Thanks for any help,
Greg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]