FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I download Canon 5D MKII sample footage to test in FCP? Plus Aspect Ratio Canon -> FCP

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Ellison
Can I download Canon 5D MKII sample footage to test in FCP? Plus Aspect Ratio Canon -> FCP
on Aug 24, 2010 at 11:08:26 am

Hi all,

We're about to edit a video that is going to be shot on Canon 5D MKII, I assume at 25p Pal. I'm the FCP Editor here and having never used this footage before I'm a tad nervous. I've downloaded the FCP plugin off the Canon site for transferring the files, but I would love to get my hands on some sample footage just to play around with.

Is there anywhere I can obtain a few seconds?

Also, and I'm embarrassed to say, I have a bit of confusion about something about aspect ratio. The Director wants it to be 2.39:1. Now I assume it can be shot this way and they'll do that. However, having never done it before, how do I set my timeline video to this aspect ratio rather than the standard 16:9?

Any help would be VERY much appreciated!

Regards

Gary

Return to posts index

Curt Schulz
Re: Can I download Canon 5D MKII sample footage to test in FCP? Plus Aspect Ratio Canon -> FCP
on Aug 24, 2010 at 8:03:20 pm

The 5D can only shoot 16:9. After you get picture lock you can create a new sequence that is the ratio your director wants. Depending on how it is framed when it is shot, you will most likely have to go through and adjust each shot to fit within the new aspect ratio.

Cheers,
Curt

Curt Schulz
MBP 2.53 4GB Ram/Mac OS 10.6.4/FCP7.02/Matrox Mini w Max 2.0.0.0150

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]