FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting two different cams for feature film

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Mikeska
Shooting two different cams for feature film
on Aug 16, 2010 at 5:41:47 pm

I was approached last week to help shoot a "no budget" feature movie. I may get involved but my friend was told that a Rebel T2i is good cam to shoot indies and features (which he plans to buy). I have an XLH1.
Is this combo going to be a nightmare for the editor? How about the basic qualities of the two; will there a difference? Any "red flags" to consider? He plans to shoot in 24fps.

Lawrence P. Mikeska
Xl-H1/FCP Editor
http://www.lecovervideo.com

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Shooting two different cams for feature film
on Aug 16, 2010 at 6:55:56 pm

Well, I don't know if I'd try to use a T2i to shoot an entire feature. To me, it's just the wrong tool for the job. But then again, I haven't had nearly as much of the DSLR Kool-Aid as some people have.

I wouldn't hesitate too much though to use it for some secondary shots or second-unit work.

The cameras should match relatively well. The good thing is that the H1 is a great camera and is very paintable due to the 23 different parameters you can adjust. You should be able to match it to the T2i pretty well. Your depths-of-field, though, will be markedly different between the two cameras, unless you're using a DoF converter on the H1 (and then it will still be a bit different, although in the other direction).

I have a H1 and use a P+S Technik Mini35 lens converters with cine primes. I would not hesitate for a second to use the H1 on a feature.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]