FORUMS: list search recent posts

Glamour softt focus - diffuser Recommendations ?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Angelous
Glamour softt focus - diffuser Recommendations ?
on Aug 13, 2010 at 9:00:28 am

Hi, everyone, does anybody knows a good recommendation for soft focus or diffuser "glass" filter for Glamour or Boudoir shots ? I just bought a set of 3 levels from "SONIA" and another more generic brand and none of the 4 shows any improvement, it's difficult to see any change no matter the distance

any recommendation of brand and models ??
Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Glamour softt focus - diffuser Recommendations ?
on Aug 13, 2010 at 2:32:12 pm

Can you describe a bit more what you're needing as for as a "Glamor" look goes? Posting a pic of what you are trying to emulate would be very helpful, too.

Also, and maybe even more importantly, what camera are you shooting with? Diffusion is often best accomplished at the rear of the lens, rather than the front... and obviously that requires a camera with a removable lens.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Richard Angelous
Re: Glamour softt focus - diffuser Recommendations ?
on Aug 13, 2010 at 9:46:19 pm

Thank you for answering, those diffuser or soft focus are used frecuently for glamour portraits (or lets say beauty fantasy looks) in order to smooth skin imperfections, even when digital filters works more than perfect, I need to make it with glass filters, I got 2 cameras for that purpose a D20 and a rebel XSi, none of the glass filters I bought can make any difference no matter the position of the filter nor the distance of the person

Return to posts index

Richard Angelous
SAMPLE Glamour softt focus - diffuser
on Aug 13, 2010 at 9:51:42 pm

In the last post I could add the embeded code of this sample

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
Re: SAMPLE Glamour softt focus - diffuser
on Aug 15, 2010 at 4:38:01 pm

Sometimes what you have to do is find a friendly cam shop that has demo filters, and then try them on your cam to get the ones that you like, those filter companies that I gave you in another post have the types of FX difusion filters that you maybe looking for.

Another way to accomplish the same is to do it in your photoeditor if doing stills, you can get better control over your FX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]