FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Memory and HFS100

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Batisah
Flash Memory and HFS100
on Aug 8, 2010 at 7:36:32 pm

Hello all - I apologize if this question was already asked, I couldn't seem to find it in my cursory search.

I recently purchased a Canon HFS100 and had a few questions about the experience other users have had with Flash memory. Namely ...

(1) Is there a practical difference between going with a Class 4 or Class 6 card? The manual recommends "Class 4 or higher" but is there a compelling reason I should only go higher? (I thought I had read somewhere that Class 4 doesn't work well with the HFS100 but I can't find where I read it and may now just be imagining things.)

(2) The manual notes the camera has only been tested using Panasonic, Toshiba and SanDisk cards. Has anyone tried and had any experience to relate with cards by any other brand?

Thanks much in advance.

Return to posts index

Mark Batisah
Re: Flash Memory and HFS100
on Aug 8, 2010 at 10:23:21 pm

One other issue/question to anyone who can help.

When I record at 30fps in MXP mode - and with a completely empty SanDisk Extreme III 8GB Class 6 card - I get *maybe* 2 minutes of recording time before it tells me card is full.

According to the manual (p. 46), I should be getting around 40 minutes. (http://www.usa.canon.com/app/pdf/camcorder/VIXIA_HFS10_HFS100_IM_N_EN.pdf)

Does anyone have an ideas as to the discrepancy?

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Aug 9, 2010 at 10:39:01 am

Have you tried to re-initialize the card in the camcorder?

A class 6 card is faster than a class 4, a class 6 card should be used at higher data rates.

Return to posts index

Mark Batisah
on Aug 11, 2010 at 3:00:34 am

Ah - that did it! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Norman Willis
on Aug 10, 2010 at 7:02:43 pm

>>According to the manual (p. 46), I should be getting around 40 minutes.

In what mode?

Norman Willis
http://www.nazareneisrael.org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]