FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing 5D into Final Cut incorrect durations

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dana Strom
Importing 5D into Final Cut incorrect durations
on Aug 4, 2010 at 8:07:05 pm

Hello,

I'm in the process of importing a bunch of HD footage from the 5D camera into Final Cut Pro using the Log and Transfer interface with the 5D plugin. For the most part, footage is coming in fine, but I'm coming across random clips which the durations of the imported clips do not match their master counterparts. For instance, a 9 minute clip has imported as 30 seconds, a 2 minute clip as 50 seconds... the problem is not consistent because when I re import the same clips, it will import at a different duration or the entire clip will come in properly.

I cannot find any posts anywhere of anyone else having this issue but it's come up on two separate final cut systems (1 FCP 6 and 1 FCP 7)

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dana Strom
Re: Importing 5D into Final Cut incorrect durations
on Aug 4, 2010 at 8:08:44 pm

Also to mention; when compressing the clips to my native settings (ProRes 422 HQ 1080i 29.97) via Compressor, it takes FOREVER but comes across properly.

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Aug 5, 2010 at 4:34:17 pm

Yeup I've noticed the truncation of 5D clips when using the Log & Transfer plugin
Haven't got a fix for it though :(

Peter

Return to posts index

Dana Strom
on Aug 5, 2010 at 6:54:27 pm

Well we're keeping our eye on it.

It may be superstition but the issue really seems to coincide with weather we're continuing to use Final Cut while importing... If I leave the system alone for the transfer, we've been getting fewer or no errors. Most of our stuff is P2- which doesn't have this problem, so the fact that the 5D is the one that locks down our entire system, it's really a wrench in our very time- workflow.

This is unfortunate because we were very excited to be able to integrate the 5D as a B camera. More and more it's looking like the weakest link. : (

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]