FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon HV40 questionsss

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hunter Hempen
Canon HV40 questionsss
on Aug 3, 2010 at 3:19:44 pm

Hello there,

I know this really isn't a professional camcorder, but I have a few newbie questions I'd like to ask since I can't find the answers anywhere else. I'm seeking to purchase the VIXIA HV40 as a backup to my old JVC while I save for an even better cam. Thing is, my Asus Laptop has the male end of a FireWire port, and so does the HV40...would a double male cord still work properly when transferring footage from the MiniDV tapes??? I've never done this with a double male before. Also, I do have a regular HDMI port, and so does the HV40. Is this simply for playback on TVs or can I actually transfer footage through the HDMI as well?

Also, I saw on certain places that the HV40 does shoot 1080p at 24fps and 30fps. Does it still shoot 1080i at 60i or is that not included? Is it even 1080i for that matter?

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Canon HV40 questionsss
on Aug 3, 2010 at 3:36:32 pm

Yes, the firewire-to-firewire ports will work, as long as you have the appropriate cable.

Yes, you can tranfer footage through HDMI. I'd go firewire though, and you have machine control that way.

Yes, I'm sure it will do 60i. I'm not familiar with that exact camera and its settings, but you'd be hard pressed to find a video camera that won't shoot 60i, so I'm pretty certain of it.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Hunter Hempen
Re: Canon HV40 questionsss
on Aug 3, 2010 at 4:16:12 pm

Thanks Todd!

Pretty much answers everything!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]