We are all hoping that Canon will introduce a 5D mark III body in the fall, or perhaps in early 2011...
So for all us DSLR enthusiasts out there, what would Canon need to change?
Here's my wishlist:
- RAW (444) or at least 422 video recording (perhaps on two cards simultaneously)
- 1080p 50/60fps (or 720p if not possible)
- XLR inputs for audio recording
- Headphone jack out
- 1080p HDMI out (or at least 720p) for monitoring
- Simultaneous HD-monitoring function while recording
- Ability to turn aliasing off in menu (against unwanted moire in repetitive patterns)
Any other suggestions?
Richard van den Boogaard
cameraman / editor / video marketing consultant
I personally will be happy only with the solution of the aliasing/moire problem, that thing can mess-up a lot of shots. Also a better codec for video will be awesome, 4:2:2. rolling shutter, can be fixed in post and not always it´s an issue. Xlr it´s to much, is still a DSLR!
Also headphone is a very simple thing to do.
Maybe a anamorphic widescreen mode, because it's cool looking
-AVCHD video format
-it not costing like $5000 dollars
-either two CF cards slots or a CF and SDXC card slots
thats all i can think right now. Hopefully it will be awsome and soon.
Canon Mark III
Auto focus - option - center focus or multiple point focus.
Some times for sudden unexpected photos, I have to use all auto feature.
But due to multiple focus points main subject becomes blurred.
If Canon will provide option for single point auto focus for all auto shoot, that will be a great addition.