FORUMS: list search recent posts

Buying an XHA1?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lloyd stas
Buying an XHA1?
on Jul 7, 2010 at 11:11:07 am

Howdy! I am looking to buy a new camera and am leaning towards the XHA1. I wonder if you could give me any advice? I'm not an expert on cameras so would very much appreciate your help.

We have a budget of £3000 at the most. We will mostly use it for music videos, but also for short films and various small internet based videos - The main focus (as I'm sure it is with anyone) is to get maximum picture quality. How would the XHA1 stand up with this price and our requirements? Are there any other cameras that I should also look towards?

Would it be worth buying any lenses? I have no idea whatsoever when it comes to lenses so any help would be ace :).

Last time we bought a camera, we got the XL1s and then a few months later everything pretty much turned HD which sucked. Is there any new technologies round the corner that we should be worried about when buying a new camera?

Also, where are the cheapest places to buy these kinds of cameras? i have trouble finding proper shops.

Lots of questions here. Sorry about that.

Thanks,
Lloyd :) :)

Return to posts index

lloyd stas
Re: Buying an XHA1?
on Jul 12, 2010 at 10:14:15 am

So, it turns out that we are now headed towards a 7D.

fun fun fun.

Return to posts index

Hunter Hempen
Re: Buying an XHA1?
on Jul 20, 2010 at 12:44:28 am

Considering I'm not a professional in the field, don't take my opinion too literally to heart. From what I've read, motion is a big factor between the XHA1 and 7D. If you're going to be shooting dogma-style, or panning, jerking around a lot, the XHA1's 3CCD optical sensor is ideal. A 7D will not tolerate such movement as well, and lead to the jello effect (that is, of course, if you don't have a proper rig and shutter setting). A XHA1 sounds like the safer choice to me, but it is indeed verryyyy expensive. Good luck with your decision though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]