FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon HF200 Vixia editing etc

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
martin smith
Canon HF200 Vixia editing etc
on Jun 28, 2010 at 8:08:47 pm

Hi, I am in uk and recently bought a canon vixia hf200 on ebay. I have found out that it records in ntsc at 60i, whereas, the uk standard is pal at 50i. It definitely works fine playing back through my phillips tv, but I'm now confused as to whether or not I'll be able to edit clips or record in SD to dvd? What are my options? I know now I should have held out for the pal standard Legria, but any advice welcomed.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
Re: Canon HF200 Vixia editing etc
on Jun 29, 2010 at 12:19:20 am

I've given SD NTSC DVDs to people in Pal land and none had any problem playing back on their Pal DVD players to Pal TVs

Return to posts index

martin smith
on Jun 29, 2010 at 6:13:48 am

Thanks for the response Brian.

I think what I'm wondering (and it might be there isn't a simple answer to this) in terms of editing and then creating a standard def dvd: what might be the difference between an ntsc version hf200 that puts out 60i, and the pal version at 50i? Would that create artifacts etc or other loss of quality on playback or maybe it might be difficult to find software with which I can edit anyway?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Jun 29, 2010 at 10:59:42 am

Most NLEs will edit either format, you can make a PAL SD DVD from HD, you just need to convert it, authoring programs like Tmpge will do decent standards convertion http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/

Return to posts index

Bray Moloney
on Dec 5, 2010 at 1:22:19 pm

Hi Martin, I hope you got your problem resolved. I was wondering if you could give me some advice. I'm looking at getting a Canon Legria HF S21, and also want an underwater housing. They make one for the Canon Vixia (S20, S200 and S21), and I'm wondering if you know how physically similar the Legias and Vixias are? The only difference between the two models are that Legia is PAL and Vixia is NTSC, right? If you do have any knowledge on this, I'd be really keen to know. I'll ask elsewhere also, but you're the first person I've come across who's made comparisons between the two.
Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]