FORUMS: list search recent posts

XL-H1 No playback At All?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Leedy
XL-H1 No playback At All?
on Jun 28, 2010 at 12:01:07 am

ok i am having a problem with playback. it does this if i am connected to a computer or even if I'm not. I know the tape that i have in there now has footage cued up. when i hit play, the screen stays blue the timecode does not run, no audio or anything. it will countdown as though the tape is rolling i.e. 57 min... 56 min... but no rolling timecode. if that makes sense. any ideas?

Return to posts index

chad michael snavely
Re: XL-H1 No playback At All?
on Nov 4, 2010 at 3:22:18 pm

I'm having the same issue. I rented 3 XL H1's for a shoot and brought the tapes back to find that a majority of them won't play any footage. I know they were recording during the shoot (I even had to rewind them to the beginning after) but when I put them in the XL H1 to playback/capture, all I get is a blue screen and rolling tape (minutes pass by). What is going on here? I need to get this figured out asap...

Return to posts index

David Pellenz
on Apr 14, 2011 at 3:16:12 am

Same issue here. Did you guys have any luck? I have about 20 tapes to ingest. Freaking out a little here!

Return to posts index

Justin Leedy
on Apr 14, 2011 at 3:58:33 pm

I hate to bring bad news but we had to send ours off and have the whole insides re-done. about 600 bucks. that was just our case though and i hope you're in a better situation than I. if you want to know who we sent ours to let me know and i'll say.

Return to posts index

David Pellenz
on Apr 14, 2011 at 4:41:06 pm

Thanks for the response Justin!

At this point, my only concern is for the footage and not the camera.

But another problem is the camera's heads might have been misaligned, and could be the only camera to play back these tapes.

Going to try a friend's camera today. Hopefully that works, if not, I'll let you know if I need your repair shop's name!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]