FORUMS: list search recent posts

5D mk ii gets vertical lines when using 70-200mm lens

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph wilkins
5D mk ii gets vertical lines when using 70-200mm lens
on Jun 25, 2010 at 2:10:59 pm

I get faint vertical lines across my footage when using my 5Dii with my brand new l series 70-200 f2.8 zoom lens.

It's the newer model of the lens. I do not see this when using my 50mm 1.2 l series

any ideas what this is?

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: 5D mk ii gets vertical lines when using 70-200mm lens
on Jun 25, 2010 at 11:55:03 pm

Turn off the image stablizer and see what happens, and then send the body andlens back to canon, may be caused by radio interference if both lens do the same thing in the same position.

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Jim Bell
on Jul 13, 2010 at 3:38:42 am

When did the 5D get a stabilizer? I just read a review that said you had to have a tripod because it didn't have one!

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Jul 13, 2010 at 7:12:46 am

The stablizer IS is in most Canon Professional and other lenses , it is not in the camera. And, it does work , I have been using these Image stablized lens for over 12 months, and the video does not need stablizing in Adobe premiere Pro., but, of course that is a possibility.

Check to see that the lens you buy have the Image Stablized logo on the lens.If the 70-200 mm does not have it , do not use it.Ps. I believe some 70-200 mm IS lens have a horizontal stablizer to get rid of the jello look when you pan, check it out. And always pan slowly, real slow.

Get in touch with canon Technical Support.Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Jim Bell
on Jul 13, 2010 at 10:26:22 pm

How well does the 'in lense' image stabilization work shooting handheld on the 5D?

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Jul 13, 2010 at 11:50:53 pm

It works very well provided you have the camera strap firmly locked around the back of the neck and pulled tightly to the camera. see handling instructions from Canon. Even without this provided you hold the camera firmly you will hardly notice much movement, you will improve with practice. Without the inbuilt IS the smooth running it not the best, never try to use the F2.8 35-70mm L Pro lens , it is too heavy for video work without a tripod.

Check out canon's web site for instructions on the 5d mark II and the movies made by Le Foret, simply stunning i think it is called "REVERIE". Check on the web.

AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Jul 13, 2010 at 11:51:27 pm

It works very well provided you have the camera strap firmly locked around the back of the neck and pulled tightly to the camera. see handling instructions from Canon. Even without this provided you hold the camera firmly you will hardly notice much movement, you will improve with practice. Without the inbuilt IS the smooth running it not the best, never try to use the F2.8 35-70mm L Pro lens , it is too heavy for video work without a tripod.

Check out canon's web site for instructions on the 5d mark II and the movies made by Le Foret, simply stunning i think it is called "REVERIE". Check on the web.

AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Jul 14, 2010 at 12:26:52 am

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_EOS_5D_Mark_II/movie_mode.shtml
http://www.laforetvisuals.com/
http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetProductAct&productID=249

http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=2127

Check above, you will realy love this camera .

Ps. never run this camera with the IS on when mounted on a tripod#################

All the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]