FORUMS: list search recent posts

7d import with E1 plug-in question

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Morrison
7d import with E1 plug-in question
on Jun 6, 2010 at 10:21:50 pm

Hey guys,

i just recently got a 7d and im trying to figure out some things when it comes to importing. with the 7d i also have an ex1r, ive gotten used to the Ex1r workflow where for one project i have a footage folder, then subfolders for each day footage was shot, then another subfolder with each card. I want to figure out how to do this with the 7d. right now all that i can seem to do with the E1 plug in is set the scratch disk and that about it. is there any way to set the imported prores files to go into a specific folder?

-Scott

Final Cut Studio 3
Sony PMW-EX1R

Return to posts index

Aaron Stewart
Re: 7d import with E1 plug-in question
on Jun 10, 2010 at 2:57:37 pm

You can't route based on Media/Disc/Tape.... it only goes by Project. So Capture Scratch > Project Name. Thats how FCP organizes its files. You could keep changing your capture scratch between every separate Card, but that would be annoying. Of course, you could always just use Capture Scratch, then move the files, or create an Automator action that moves files based on their name to different locations. Set up a "Capture Project" and have that go in a "Capture Scratch" folder, and then have the Automator monitor the folder, and add annotations to where to move the files after every production. But that is a bit more complicated, but it would be a way to make it easier than manually moving files.

Aaron R. Stewart
arstewart@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Scott Morrison
Re: 7d import with E1 plug-in question
on Jun 12, 2010 at 4:12:28 am

Hi Aaron,

what i started doing was just dragging the folder out of the capture scratch bin then renamed and organized it how i wanted. This worked alright but then i tried out magic bullet grinder and it did exactly what i wanted, even conforms all my 60p clips to 24p if i want. This is now my main tool, awesome so far! thanks for you input though it was much appreciated!

-Scott

Final Cut Studio 3
Sony PMW-EX1R

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]