FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XF 300 / 305?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Smith
Canon XF 300 / 305?
on Jun 2, 2010 at 4:46:02 pm

Anyone here gotten their hands on either of the two new Canon XF-300 or 305 yet? I keep seeing NAB preview articles, etc. but no one seems to have put it through a real-life application yet.

Anxious to hear how it works... user-friendliness, etc.

Return to posts index

Albert Croteau
Re: Canon XF 300 / 305?
on May 26, 2011 at 2:51:29 am

I just changed my SOny Ex1 for an XF 300 and I am entirely satisfied. From my self opinion, XF300 is more easy to use with more function that are easily accessible without having to go trough the entire menu. Also, all the accessories are way less exepensive. That was the main reason for me to change. Memory is cheap, very cheap compare to SXS cards. But pay attention to select a brand of compact flas cards that is approved by Canon. Otherwise, you will have problem recording files that last more than 4 minutes, wich is not practicle at all.

Only negative thing I have to say about the XF300: not very efficient in low linght condition and way to much dept of field, especially when you pass to this cam from an Ex1.

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Canon XF 300 / 305?
on May 26, 2011 at 6:31:00 am

I've been able to manipulate DOF quite effectively, but yes, it's not a DSLR. I've actually been happy with it's lowlight ability. Again, not a 7d, but much better than most

Alf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]