FORUMS: list search recent posts

which lens for 7d Camera..

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony gomez
which lens for 7d Camera..
on May 17, 2010 at 6:37:28 pm

after seeing the footage.. Im selling my Xl-1 and other stuff to get the Canon EOS-7d.. I see they have two lenses as options.. which one is best.. dont know anything about lenses.. just want to get great shots.. Dont care about the photo side of it.. Im using it for video.. thanx..
costco has it for $1800.00 with the EF 28-135mm IS USM lens.
by themselves
and 55-250mm F/4-5.6 for $260
and 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6 for $584.99
and they have the body ony for $1600
with a 4gb card free..
Im assuming there are other lenses also.. just noticed costco had the best prices.

thanx..

Return to posts index

Stace Carter
Re: which lens for 7d Camera..
on May 19, 2010 at 2:04:12 pm

I went with the kit 28-135 after reading countless reviews - it's a great "walk around" lens and fast enough for my needs. I also picked up the EF 24mm as I wanted a slightly wider and faster prime.

The kit is a great lens, but your needs will depend on the type of work you'll be doing or shots you want to get. Also, you might want to rent a few (rentglass.com is fantastic, I've used them for a few jobs where I had specific needs that didn't justify a full investment) to see what you prefer; however I'd go with something generic to have on you at all times, and then you can rent as you go.

Cheers,
Stace

Apple Certified Trainer

Return to posts index

Josh Buchanan
Re: which lens for 7d Camera..
on May 20, 2010 at 7:31:45 pm

I'd also recommend the 50mm f1.8 it's only 100 bucks. and it's a great little lens, it's fast and pretty sharp.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]